What Did You Buy Today?

Does this "buyers fee" mean the seller gets off scot free with no expenses involved in selling his stuff??
Just curious.
Seems to me it should be on his dime that the stuff even gets sold at all!
And what about "sales tax" for the state?

Does this "buyers fee" mean the seller gets off scot free with no expenses involved in selling his stuff??
Just curious.
Seems to me it should be on his dime that the stuff even gets sold at all!
And what about "sales tax" for the state?
I just dropped a few items off at an auction house I deal with. They charge me (the seller) 15% AND the buyer 15% along with whatever the state tax is. Yeah, if an auction house sells a lot of items, they make a lot of money. However, they work hard at it (from what I can see).

I just started seeing buyers fees, probably getting money from both sides now. Paypal is probably charging Ebay, now that they split. So I remember reading anyway.

Buyers premiums are nothing new. Auction houses are a business and charge what the market will bear. I’ve seen as low as 8% up to 20%. Lot depends on the size, location and desirability of items. You have to factor premiums into what makes sense to bid. Cataloging, marketing, set-up, billing, govt’s cut, all kinds of costs involved. Nobody works for free.
If it was easy money everyone would do it.

I received some used gang tooling to use with my Hardinge/Accuslide CNC lathe today. Gang tooling was a complete mystery to me, then I found this stuff for sale and now I can see how it will work. Cool stuff.

cccf048ff0ab63155733932b6f5df649.jpg

c39d93cec0cda1e14869e1d66a3e6d0e.jpg

99c1893a5d21a726cf1e3d0801904d50.jpg

I am aware you would use these in this configuration if you could avoid it. Just visualizing how the tooling goes together.

3d768d46f82f33e8589e09b55ea43d8f.jpg

will get the pictures later but i got a 3 inch chuck with 5c backplate for my dv-59 an aircraft countersink tool a 3/4 inch 5c collet and square collet block some hss a Hardinge special bf 63 boring and facing bar never used some other brazed carbide tooling and a little boring bar

I know I know no pics no proof but I need to get them cleaned up

The jaws of the chuck are in evopo rust anyone know the brand?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Back