What Did You Buy Today?

I'm in the market for one as well.
Been looking at a Quincy 80 gal 5HP on an auction near me.
May bid on it but there is not much info and the auction house will not answer my requests for info.

What I was going to get.

Screenshot from 2021-02-12 08-56-44.png
But the seller claims

New message from: deepaeinquiry Top Rated Seller(1,312Red Star)

Dear Sir/Madam,
Sorry to bother you,thanks for buying our item.
So sorry to let you know that the item you ordered cannot send to you. Because of the carrier’s careless,whole package been damaged when loaded the goods, it cannot be shipped anymore,
Sorry, it cannot send it to you anymore .
we will refund the full money to you asap.
if you still want it ,you can make new order about this ,hope you can forgive us and thank you for your understanding in advance .​

So basically another discount seller that has no idea how to pack a big hunk of cast iron. :rolleyes:

But sometimes the universe is looking out for you....
Screenshot from 2021-02-12 08-57-31.png
I saw this last night and jumped on it :grin:

John

Judging from what I paid for my Bison 3 jaw last year he Probably realized he had it way under priced for who knows what reason Typo maybe??!!

I'm in the market for one as well.
Been looking at a Quincy 80 gal 5HP on an auction near me.
May bid on it but there is not much info and the auction house will not answer my requests for info.
Found out today compressor is in a basement in a house and there is no one available to unlock the house so I can look at it.

But, the good news, no charge for loading it as long as I do it myself??
Yeah, right.
I'm gonna want to fight a darned 600+ lb. A/C up out of a basement and get it into my pickup when there is 18" of snow on the ground and below zero temps by myself.
So much for bidding on that item!!

Judging from what I paid for my Bison 3 jaw last year he Probably realized he had it way under priced for who knows what reason Typo maybe??!!
Doesn't matter why he priced it there, I'll take it all day long for that....

John

I hear that!!
Hope you do get it and are pleased with it as well.

My Shars quill stop just showed up this AM.

Found out today compressor is in a basement in a house and there is no one available to unlock the house so I can look at it.

Yeah, right.
I'm gonna want to fight a darned 600+ lb. A/C up out of a basement and get it into my pickup when there is 18" of snow on the ground and below zero temps by myself.

Well look at the bright side, you won't be cold by the time you get that compressor out of the basement and the snow should help you slide it to the pickup once you get it out of the house.

:face slap:

Yeah, right.

Sometimes these auction folks don't use their heads....sheesh.

All you have to do is drive to Michigan, I've got a nice Quincy QR-25 (pressure lubricated version) 80 gallon I'm going to sell soon for a reasonable price. It's only 4-500 miles :grin:

Sometimes these auction folks don't use their heads....sheesh.

All you have to do is drive to Michigan, I've got a nice Quincy QR-25 (pressure lubricated version) 80 gallon I'm going to sell soon for a reasonable price. It's only 4-500 miles :grin:

Well, I could leave now and get there about the time you plan to put it up for sale. No doubt it will go for much less than I would have to pay for one out here in my neck of the woods.

Watching a Kobalt and a Quincy on an auction near me. Still have 5 days to go and most of the bidding will be in the final hours of the auction. I like the Quincy QT5 but it is 5hp 3ph and 460V. The Kobalt AGM25 is 3.7hp 1ph and 230v. I would venture that both will go for almost retail.

1613156711752.png
1613156740364.png

Back