What Did You Buy Today?

just found a place that has 7K square feet of stuff like this.. if you had access to this, what would you acquire for possible shop use..

Some great ideas above....... I'll add:

chip pans for lathe
chip/tool catchers for mill table
pot for water at the grinder (to replace all the steel cans that keep rusting thru)
a couple shallow pans for sorting bolts/nuts/washers (ie. dump the bin in and paw thru to find what you need and pour back in bin)
tool trays for beside the vehicle when doing brakes; keeps the rotor and wheel nuts out of the gravel and grit
big pan for oil, transmission, differential fluid changes

Brian

The grinder is off the trailer...

I'm not sure if this was really a good way to lift it, but it worked good...

View attachment 402615

View attachment 402616

View attachment 402617

I managed it without any damage to the trailer, the floor, the grinder, or me... nothing ever touched the table, spindle, or handles while raising and lowering it. It was actually easier than I thought it would be... but I'm always nervous when I have a machine swinging 3 feet off the floor.

-Bear
Nice, I thought when you said you didn't know how you were going to get the grinder off the trailer, you actually didn't have any lifting equipment. You are actually very well equipped.
Glad you got her off. Enjoy.

Nice, I thought when you said you didn't know how you were going to get the grinder off the trailer, you actually didn't have any lifting equipment. You are actually very well equipped.
Glad you got her off. Enjoy.
You should see his basement. Not much he does not have 3 of ;-p

just found a place that has 7K square feet of stuff like this.. if you had access to this, what would you acquire for possible shop use..

View attachment 402611
Me personally, I would pick up some deep pans for cleaning off machine parts.
I would also be looking for a stainless pan for my surface grinder... long and narrow... damn hard to find. I need it for the coolant tray, mine did not have a tray, and the one I made is AL and not working for me.. I can't get a drain to work w/out leaking. I need to solder the fitting on.

Back