What Did You Buy Today?

Picked up one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/202017492741
just got it.. Wow, no instructions, no parts list. So I go back look online at the pics.. missing a key... no problem there. Also no description anywhere for where the springs go... I'm clueless. It was a wen ding, now its a vevor. I saw build something cool tested it out and said it was easier to install than the others he was testing because of the wavey spring. I guess the newest version eliminated that. I'll have to play with the shims.. I'll also have to make a lot of pieces for this to fit on my 8520... including an extension shaft. I'll probably have to pin the extension shaft so I can get it apart, I'll probably use a tapered pin.. It appears I will lose a small amount of table throw maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch do to my optical reader being installed on that side.

Nice one @woodchucker id like to get a motor for the Y axis sometimes
There's not a lot of travel for the Y, so I don't think I would. I use an old drill for the Knee, that I wish I could get a drive for, but it would require a lot of mods.. the 8520 is just not a BP... not even close.

Yea i get it. What did you use for a socket on the Z?
I made one. My first mill project. I used a allen key as a shaft so it works like all the other interchangeable 1/4" hex shafts.
edit: I made it out of AL.

Gotcha my Z is a square head but it would be nice to have power for it.

Gotcha my Z is a square head but it would be nice to have power for it.
Brent, so is mine. I think you mis understood what I was saying.
Here's my tool.. The allen key is JB Weld glued in on a press fit hole.
20220527_224623.jpg20220527_224631.jpg20220527_224636.jpg

Ok i see now. Yea i was confused when you were talking about the allen. I was still in my mind triling to figure out how you did the square lol

Another Gravely, 72" cut 22 hp Yanmar engine. Now I need to move so I can cut grass for more than 3 minutes.View attachment 408121
Nice Corvair collection, my dad had a turbo Monza when I was a kid :encourage:

Those old Gravleys are fun too, some days I miss my small engine shop. Then I remember....

Much better hobby than a business.

John

I replaced my *well used* Series 20 TIG torch. I had burned it up because I was welding not having realized that the water cooler had become unplugged. This is an expensive mistake to make.

I bought this from Jody Collier of Welding Tips and Tricks YouTube & podcast fame. Another vendor had it for free shipping, but I gave Jody my business because he has probably taught me more about welding than everybody else put together.

CK Worldwide has good products!

F4DD33D4-1A27-45A2-84A9-CF2D06BCEFB3.png

The mechanic from my work is coming over in a few weeks, & we are going to make some mild steel parts for his epic car project. Sometimes I work for free! I would be very embarrassed for somebody to come over, and have to tell them that I don’t have a TIG torch!

Back