What Did You Buy Today?

I splurged on this Criterion boring head. It replaces my cheap beginner one. It’s in very good condition and the price was quite fair - an accepted offer on eBay. I had been looking for a while and only found ones, usually more expensive, and in worse condition.
View attachment 425600View attachment 425601
we bid on several narex boring heads this week, but others wanted them more. Oh well

I have a list of things I wouldn't mind having if the right deal comes along, and one did earlier this week....No. 57 Dumore 3/4hp tool post grinder. It was at a local auction and looked terrible in the pictures! Luckily it wasn't far away so I took a drive for the preview day and was able to look at it in person. As soon as I saw it I knew it would clean up pretty well. They were using it with a makeshift guard and a diamond wheel for cutting ceramics. The original guard had never been mounted and the box still had the original, unused factory stones, manual, etc. It took a couple of hours to clean it up and the only thing left to do is make a T nut to fit my lathe. I don't expect to use it often, but it's nice to have the option...and for $300 I couldn't pass. I haven't run one before and I was really surprised how smooth and quiet this grinder is.

IMG_3056.JPGIMG_3057.jpgIMG_3058.JPG

I went old school & went in person to the hardware store around the corner, & special ordered 20 quantity 5-packs of 50 grit, 3” X 18” sanding belts:

C56EF9CE-9227-4F94-8FC3-9593787B81F1.jpeg

Each 5-pack is only $6.99!

A hand cranked straight line sharpening fixture. Probably good for lawn mower blades, etc? The interesting part is a double reduction drive, like an average bench grinding stone but much stouter. More difficult to crank but the grinder runs very fast and is finer than a bench grinder. I see several tools it will work on.
1667699494783.png

Last edited:
Found a Yamaha Thunderace rear swingarm at a decent price:

1.jpg

6.jpg

Thunderace (1997 yzf1000R1) is supposed to be nearly a drop in fro the FJ1200. I had cut down an FZ1 swingarm to fit the FJ:

fr_42.jpg

(fj on top)

fr_86.jpg

fr_102_size880.jpg

Fit and works fine, but a swingarm is something I'd prefer to have factory welds, so I bought the TA arm when it showed up. we'll see how well it fits once it gets here......

Yes, but now your more talented :encourage:

Back