What Did You Buy Today?

I received 3 T-shirts from this place today, & liked them so much that I bought 4 more T-shirts. My landed cost was $18.56 each.

384AA278-5A62-4B7E-BC68-A6E8D9F24D5A.png

BCE9FD7D-DDBC-4828-8ED9-9EA94D952211.png

3867C163-B2F5-46CC-A712-908DC051377F.png

560A731D-ECDD-42A5-B5A8-698BFC3719E5.png

I wear these shirts *everywhere*, & I have only had somebody say anything on two occasions: one guy who owns a Hardinge, & one guy who owns a LeBlond.

For the guy who owned the Hardinge, I gave him that shirt (the next day) as he was one of my instructors at Machine school. He later passed away.

The guy who owns the LeBlond, he asked where I bought it, & he bought himself the same shirt the next day.

Last edited:
I bought a Miller dual cylinder cart. This was $578.59 including tax & shipping, after a $10 off coupon (which you can also use, see photo).

I am currently in the process of building my own dual cylinder cart, but I will only have about 8 hours/week to work on the cart because of my busy holiday work schedule. I have 2 cylinders that need to be secured better ASAP, & I do not want to be in a hurry when I am building the new cart. I don’t see the new cart being finished in less than 2 months.

I already have one of these carts. They are pretty cheap (as in “nuthin’ fancy”).

When I finally finish building the new dual cylinder cart, this Miller cart will be used to store 2 spare oxygen cylinders (which I will make sure not to purchase until the new cart is finished!).

My sweet & precious mother-in-law sleeps directly above my garage metal shop, so I need to make absolutely certain that all gas cylinders are **properly secured**.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Although this purchase was made last Wednesday hopefully It's close enough to "today" to count. Since I purchased a cold saw last spring, I've been looking for a few blades to cover the different materials I need to cut. I purchased 1 350mm blade specifically for aluminum round stock up to 4" in diameter. The saw came with a 315mm blade for steel up to 1 1/2" in diameter. I also modified the mounting for a 350mm high speed blade for aluminum flat stock up to 1" thick.

To cover solid steel up to 2" in diameter and tube up to 4" in diameter I purchased 2 new 350mm Palmgren blades on eBay. I happened to luck out at $45.00 a copy. I say luck out in that the least expensive blade I've seen from retailers is $139.00 a copy, with some well over the $250.00 range.

Attachments

• PALMGREN 5TPA3 Steel Cold Saw Blade.docx
    299.5 KB · Views: 14
Hey, I got another box:

View attachment 428601

Must be something good since it has the battery warning sticker on it:

View attachment 428602

Yep – lots of Bagged Air and one strip of watch batteries.
They are lithium batteries - so the common carriers are required to label them with the big black/white and red sticker. Seems pretty ridiculous though for such little blister packaged batteries.

Back