What Did You Buy Today?

@G-ManBart
Nice arbor press. I've never before seen the small knob just to the right of the handwheel. I assume it controls adjustable friction on the pinion shaft. Is that correct and is it OEM or something a previous owner added?

@G-ManBart
Nice arbor press. I've never before seen the small knob just to the right of the handwheel. I assume it controls adjustable friction on the pinion shaft. Is that correct and is it OEM or something a previous owner added?
Thanks!

You are correct and that is a standard feature on this model. At some point I think the shaft gets heavy enough that it will drop pretty easily under its own weight so they added the friction setup. From the Dake parts manuals it appears all the compound ratcheting presses have something similar. The new knobs are a star shape rather than round with knurling.

I gave everything a quick wipe down with rags and a bit of WD40 on the moving parts and the next time I raised the ram it lowered itself to the plate. Then I raised the ram and played with the friction feature and it works really well...from zero to locking it in place solidly. I think it's a pretty handy feature but I wouldn't have thought of it without seeing it in action.

I just got back from picking this up
Pratt & Whitney rotary table it needs some love and a good cleaning and I’ll have to find or make a few hand wheels But for the $150.00 I paid I think it was a good deal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 43
Fed-Ex dropped this off this morning!.
New pouch and box for the telescope ing gages I scored off FB last week.
The box was a surprise as I only expected the pouch.

Attachments

• DSCN8436.JPG
    DSCN8436.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN8437.JPG
    DSCN8437.JPG
    427.8 KB · Views: 22
Fed-Ex dropped this off this morning!.
New pouch and box for the telescope ing gages I scored off FB last week.
The box was a surprise as I only expected the pouch.
It is nice replacing a really cruddy plastic pouch with a shiny new one. And the box is handy: place just the bottom in a drawer to keep the pouch from flopping around loose.

Also showed up today via USPS
Keo 1-1/4" counter sink.
A $12 snag off e-bay the last hour or so, it had no bids!
Got used right away on s bunch of 11/16" holes I was drilling in some 1/2" mat'l

Attachments

• DSCN8439.JPG
    DSCN8439.JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 29
Back