What Did You Buy Today?

Bear, I’m curious as to your method. I’ve given it some thought and in my mid.... I’m thinking that the way to go about centering with 3 jaws.... is with dial indicator mounted....to focus attention only on the low point. And then adjust that jaw since the high points will always be midway between the other two jaws. Does that make sense. Am I on the right track ?
Anyway I’m not there yet since I can’t mount the chuck to my other find.... Bison Backing Plate... for 8” chuck and with a L-00 taper. I need to go to hardware for 7/16”x14tpi socket head bolts.
Anyway...between the Rohm chuck and Bison backing plate.... I feel like I have a horse shoe up my butt, finding this and the chuck on EBay at the same time. The backing plate was “ accepting Offers. “
got it for 115.00 plus 21.00 shipping.

Tim, I just did a writeup on this and posted it in the 'General Discussions' area... I didn't want to hijack this thread, and I thought making a seperate thread sould make it easier to find if someone needs it in the future...

Check it out... I hope it helps.

-Bear

OK, so repair the A/C on the truck are go auction stoopid?
'Truck Repair Fund' ended up getting raided.
Local Gent passed away. I was going to not look over the catalog, but I did.
No machines to speak of except for a Baldor carbide grinder, a BA 3PH grinder, and a Gorton Pantograph.
But man did he have the tools and goodies.
I scored several lots including his two 'chests' one is a 12-drawer Craftsman the other a large 10-drawer Machinist's chest.
As mentioned above, always eerie going through these.
There's a old picture in the lid of a young Sargent and his wife I'm assuming.
Both pieces are chocked full of tools and tooling. I managed to roll the (12) drawer over my bum foot while loading.
Those two plus the other (21) lots I won are going to take awhile to sort out and stash.
Picts to come, need to reduce them first.

0915201732c_Rc.jpg
0915201944a_Rc.jpg

Oh and I scored another C.E. Johansson set

CEJ_No2.jpg

Stay tuned for more. . . :grin:

Thanks to MrWhoopee, finally got me a Holdridge Radii Cutter. Been wanting one of these for a long time but could never afford them or missed out (looking off & on). I won't see it till Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Feb (Feb cause I just found out I'm gonna be an uncle). My lilttle brother picked it up for me up north. I don't want to risk having him ship it.

I was in contact with the seller who was supposed to get back to me on Sunday. Well on Sunday the CL ad was deleted & I never heard back from the seller. So I thought for sure I missed this one too. I was so surprised when the seller got back to me this morning! I'm soooo happy right now! :big grin:

View attachment 337137View attachment 337138View attachment 337139View attachment 337142View attachment 337143View attachment 337144View attachment 337145

I saw one of those on our CL up here around Seattle. You indicated "from up north", would that be in the Seattle area?

OK, so repair the A/C on the truck are go auction stoopid?
'Truck Repair Fund' ended up getting raided.
Local Gent passed away. I was going to not look over the catalog, but I did.
No machines to speak of except for a Baldor carbide grinder, a BA 3PH grinder, and a Gorton Pantograph.
But man did he have the tools and goodies.
I scored several lots including his two 'chests' one is a 12-drawer Craftsman the other a large 10-drawer Machinist's chest.
As mentioned above, always eerie going through these.
There's a old picture in the lid of a young Sargent and his wife I'm assuming.
Both pieces are chocked full of tools and tooling. I managed to roll the (12) drawer over my bum foot while loading.
Those two plus the other (21) lots I won are going to take awhile to sort out and stash.
Picts to come, need to reduce them first.

View attachment 337262
View attachment 337263

Oh and I scored another C.E. Johansson set

View attachment 337264

Stay tuned for more. . . :grin:

So what is a CE Johansson Set? I mean I know who is was, but not sure what this does.

Back