What do you call these wrenches?

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
20231113_204733.jpg

I bought these mostly USA made vintage wrenches because they have really thick open ends. If I have to break loose a hydraulic fitting the width would give more transferable torque compared to a standard open end. Less chance of rounding a fitting. That idea transfers to adjusters and other sorts of fittings.

What are they actually called? I've seen them called engineers wrenches.

I just bought a 7/8" Williams off Ebay for $22.65 shipped. It was one of the last sizes I didn't have.
I own quite a few Williams . Love 'em because I can use a smaller " torque pipe " when needed . :encourage: Shoulda let me know . :grin:

I like them because they fit in slotted holes in dedicated wrench racks on particular machines such as my #2 B&S mill, the proper wrench for setup and adjustments is always at hand.

Engineer's wrenches or setup wrenches. Pretty specific to machinery and different from mechanic's open end wrenches or combo wrenches. For static places where you need what you need, not a set or a heavy toolbag full.

Engineer's wrenches or setup wrenches. Pretty specific to machinery and different from mechanic's open end wrenches or combo wrenches. For static places where you need what you need, not a set or a heavy toolbag full.
I like how thick they are with a short handle for odd jobs and tight spots.

Back