What do you call these wrenches?

I always like how they fit well and have plenty of support. Not like a set of sloppy mass-produced Crapsmans. NIce collection so far.

Williams makes some handsome wrenches. This is a 7/16 that is 7/16" thick! Yes, I blued my fingers...

PXL_20220918_205052836.jpg

Found these in the bedroom . A Colchester made in England from my 15" . Someone on here may like it ! :grin: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    594.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 29
I own quite a few Williams . Love 'em because I can use a smaller " torque pipe " when needed . :encourage: Shoulda let me know . :grin:
I also have some spares.
Two 7/8
Three 13/16
Two 19/32
Two 5/8
One 1 7/16
Also a few Williams Supertorque.
You guys bring up a thought I've had before -
Some kind of a trading post for wrenches.
I have several partial sets of Craftsman wrenches - combinations, 1/2 and 3/8 drive sockets, (standard and deepwall) some metric, etc but despite a pretty big pile of them I still dont have enough to make full sets. Be nice to complete them.
@Batmanacw
Sorry for hijacking your thread ;(

Attachments

• 2023-11-25_02_54_21.jpg
    2023-11-25_02_54_21.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 8
I also have some spares.
Two 7/8
Three 13/16
Two 19/32
Two 5/8
One 1 7/16
Also a few Williams Supertorque.
You guys bring up a thought I've had before -
Some kind of a trading post for wrenches.
I have several partial sets of Craftsman wrenches - combinations, 1/2 and 3/8 drive sockets, (standard and deepwall) some metric, etc but despite a pretty big pile of them I still dont have enough to make full sets. Be nice to complete them.
@Batmanacw
Sorry for hijacking your thread ;(
Works for me ! I wasn't aware anyone would need wrenches but I guess we all do . :encourage: I have quite a few to spare . Sockets also .

View attachment 467967

I bought these mostly USA made vintage wrenches because they have really thick open ends. If I have to break loose a hydraulic fitting the width would give more transferable torque compared to a standard open end. Less chance of rounding a fitting. That idea transfers to adjusters and other sorts of fittings.

What are they actually called? I've seen them called engineers wrenches.
We call them line wrenches for getting to hydraulic fittings in tight spots.

I make a distinction for line wrenches, which are also called flare nut wrenches, as a different tool. And thin wrenches are called tappet wrenches.

Back