What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

I have used AutoCad for 25+ years for my work , construction and development. It is still my go to for my more complicated projects in the shop.
My one regret is that I no longer have the large digitizer tablet that I used with early versions . It was a much faster interface that the current ribbon.
You could customize the tablet template to suit your particular needs , print out the template on heavy mylar and attach to the tablet.

Wow, I don't think I've seen anybody using an AutoCAD tablet since 1990 at the very latest! I started on AutoCAD in 1987 after a job change, and where I went to the tablets were already gone. I thought since they went extinct pretty early on, there wasn't a lot of love for them.

-Ed

Solidworks 2017, Sprutcam. Sprutcam is very capable but I wish it had a better user manual and more up-to-date videos.

I use FlexiSign for almost all my design work. I've been using it in my sign business for over 25 years, so I'm familiar with it. I've even drawn up the plans for the house addition on Flexisign. For CNC output I send the file to Aspire as an EPS file, for Digital printing I send it to Versa Works as an EPS file and for Laser engraving & cutting I send it to LaserWorks V8 as a DX file.

I first started using Flexi Sign around 1992. It's a proprietary sign program with several levels of options. I have the Pro version so I can do digital printing, vinyl cutting, etc. I haven't shopped for Flexi in years. The entry level program may be relatively inexpensive, but the Pro version is 3K give or take. Pays for itself if you're in the sign business and use it daily, but there are other programs out there that do almost the same stuff for less. Back when I first purchased, it was the go to program for my application. Since then I've just stuck with it, since the upgrades were cheaper than jumping ship and it's easier to upgrade than learn a new system. Especially at my ripe old age. ;)

I use Flexi for cutting vinyl but that's all. Use CAD Standard because it feels like Autocad and it is cheap ($25). Starting to play with Fusion360 but don't know where that will go.
Chuck

I use AutoCAD and have been using it since 1983 Version 2.3. I am now using AutoCAD 2010 and find I don't need all the refinements of AutoCAD 2018. AutoCAD is the world standard of CAD programs. In the past, I have found that other programs which use the .DWG format or convert to .DWG, do not convert well and leave some thing out. In my line of work I must have full AutoCAD compatibility.
CAD sure beats the old drafting table and Tee square.

Back