What is it? Fell out of motor...

I’ll bet it was some type of foam packing material. We used to get dozens of small motors from Baldor. They put foam in the shipping box. Then pressed the motor into it while it was still soft. Then they injected another layer on top of the motor.

Often times small pieces got in the vents and hardened. When unpacking the motor small pieces would have expanded inside the housing and break off
Something like that makes sense. They're pretty solid but do look like they were pressed onto something, hardened and fell off. I'm going to look on the outside to see if anything might match that shape.

send a query to Baldor, send the pic... They may know. Tell them the model # serial # and other details. I'll bet they respond with a thought.

Darn, that's where the rest of my candy bar went....nobody else noticed so...

send a query to Baldor, send the pic... They may know. Tell them the model # serial # and other details. I'll bet they respond with a thought.
Great idea...never even crossed my mind! I ran the RPC for about two hours tonight and it sounded normal from start to finish, so I'm not worried, but still curious.

Sometimes the "experts" have no clue about things they're talking about.
It doesn't take a genius to know EXACTLY what that is. The picture is quite obvious.
I do commend the OP for putting the object there for scale but I'd know what it was even if the scale item wasn't there.
It's a damned Sharpie pen, of the blue variety, to be specific.
Don't ask me why it was in the motor though.
GEEZ

Baldor the Ironworker would be the first to tell you that working in the shop does funny things to his boogers. Looks like you caught him on bronzework Sunday.

Back