What is this $20 GS Find?

chips&more

Active User
Registered
OK, I give, I could make a few wild guesses, but that’s all. Anybody know what it is?
whatisit.JPG

whatisit.JPG

Lining up square tubing for welding.......? Interesting what ever it's for...:))

I'm probably wrong but that looks what they used to have a Kresge's (spelling? think it's know called Kmart) to cut roller blinds to length.

I would have gave 20 for it as well. No idea what it is. A square tube jig would be cool. But with the locks on opposing sides I think it would push the stock in opposite ways.

More pictures please.

OK, pics attached and both doohickey end things look and do the same thing. Except the one doohickey thing pictured closest indexes in 90° equal quadrants. Thanks for the help guys.whatisit1.JPGwhatisit2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I would have gave 20 for it as well. No idea what it is. A square tube jig would be cool. But with the locks on opposing sides I think it would push the stock in opposite ways.

I’m a sucker for anything in “unseen before metal”. I guess I will repurpose the thing one of these days.

whatisit1.JPG whatisit2.JPG

Man thats cool. If it had a joint in the center and a degree ring it could be real handy for welding. Couple V jaws and your set

Well made too. Nice castings. Wipers on the brackets and all

cheers Phil

Probably a blacksmith tool for bending bars while hot for decorative pieces.

Back