What Kind of SCAM is this???

you are purchasing a photo of a lathe with a mill photoshopped to it, I'll bet your next paycheck
Darn you, fixit! You just lost my next paycheck. That pic is from Grizzly's website, G0791 combo lathe/mill, no photoshop.

Oh, wait, no harm done. I haven't drawn a paycheck since I retired. ;)

Tom

Yeah, go ahead, give them a credit card and address.
Unfortunately, there are those that fall for this stuff and get scammed.
My father lost a ton of money before my mother asked me to look at his credit card bills.
That's when dad had the beginning stages of dementia.

Kind of like that site I was on a while back. $19.95 for an item- buy two for $49.50.

There are good deals everywhere if you look hard enough, like good fishing waterfront property on the dead sea or a land plot on the moon- you can even buy a star.
Some are actually pretty good investments- my pet rock is decades old and shows no signs of aging.

They do not appear to offer paypal, something I've noticed with all most all scam operators is NO PAYPAL. I think paypal will not let them use the system, not sure how it works, but paypal will always get involved if you have been scammed short changed whatever, they have got my money back a couple of times. So now if the seller does not offer paypal, I don't buy.

Especially on ebay, there is almost always someone else offering the same items that will accept paypal. I have found it much safer, and no one gets to see your credit card numbers, or bank ID.

Same here Bob. Unless it is a vendor that I know is ligit, no PayPal, no sale.

I was just on the Fadal users group on facebook and this popped up. They had huge toolboxes for $118. I reported it as a scam and when I checked back 10 minutes later they had shut them down. I also saw they don't offer PayPal.

I'm not sure why all legitimate vendors don't offer PayPal. For me the percentage PayPal and Square credit card processing costs is the same. People feel more secure using PayPal just like I do.

Back