What should I do with these

Don't currently have any floor lamps but might have some in the future in the living room.
We have a floor lamp that was quite prone to tipping over. I machined an old 10# cast iron weight down (in both diameter and thickness) until it fit into the lamp base.
Other than the messy black crap to clean up, I've had no real problem with repurposing weights.
(My first machining project was to build a Webster gasoline engine, where the flywheel came from a weight.)

Boat anchors ? Steel barbells and weights used to be a dime a dozen . We're close to York Barbell and my daughter can't find any on CL or Market place since Covid hit . Sell them and buy some more tools . :encourage:

Get a full set and start lifting, my doctor says it builds testosterone....

Get a full set and start lifting, my doctor says it builds testosterone....
Unfortunately for me , that would be like putting nitro-methane into a Vespa . :D After seeing my body on the beach though , not a bad idea at all . :grin:

I find lots of ways to keep fit without lifting weights. A while back I had a doctor ask me what I was taking to keep my blood pressure normal. 117 over 70. I told him I took "jackson." He had never heard of it and wanted to know more. I told him that he could get it at Lowes in the garden section. I told him a 'jackson" is their biggest two wheeled wheelbarrow that can hold up to a 1000 lbs of dirt, etc. That I used mine all the time. He was not amused at my insinuation that maybe he should do a little physical labor instead of sitting on his doff all the time.

Left the jackson at my former home. The new place came with an old all steel wheelbarrow. Not as big as the jackson but being all steel it is heavy.

My workout plan involves moving tools.

Back