[How-To] What to do when your lathe is to small.

Qtron is in Bayswater. He hasn't been active since Spring but I believe that I have his email address.
Thanks, that's very close I haven't pulled it down yet so no hurry, I will repost when I get to the stage maybe not or a while. Thanks all

Thanks, that's very close I haven't pulled it down yet so no hurry, I will repost when I get to the stage maybe not or a while. Thanks all
I will PM his e-mail.

Your correct about boring and sleeving being the best way to repair. What I have done with farm equipment in the same predicament is to take a prick punch and punch the inside of the bore may be in a pattern about a 32 sd. Of an inch apart and then use locktite bearing mount. I wouldn't repair a road vehicle that way ,but on farm equipment I have had the repairs last the life of the equipment. The prick punch will raise the metal like a knurle will and the locktite will keep it in place. If it ever need to be disassembled heat the locktite and knock apart.

Can look for a powdered metal epoxy as well.

Yeah I thought of that but don't have one might be cheaper to buy a new ride on but the mill would be good.
Don't worry, we'll spend your money for ya. Soon you'll have a bigger lathe, a mill, a surface grinder, and lighter wallet... :grin:

Back