What's The Name Of The Free Online Cad Program

Quick Cal

Registered
Registered
I want to try and draw up some blue prints. Isn't there some kind of free google program or something.

Google had SketchUp but I believe they may have now split that off as a separate company. http://www.sketchup.com/

There are other free programs like LibreCad http://librecad.org/cms/home.html

I'm still trying to teach myself LibreCad but I typically end up going back to pencil and paper. I have just added a second monitor to my computer which may help so I can have one screen for the program and another to watch the tutorials while I play along. I don't know why I didn't add a second display a long time ago, my graphics card already supported it and monitors aren't very expensive. I've had multiple monitors at work for many years.

Draft Sight is a free 2D system by Dassault, the makers of SolidWorks.
Free and fairly easy to learn, if your desire is 2D working drawings it is more then sufficient for the purpose, if however you want isometric or solid modeling capability it will not be for you.

Google Sketch Up will do but in the limited time that I played with it I'm not sure that it will output a well done dimensioned line drawing for printing.

You are showing your age, drawings haven't been blue for decades (-:

Fusion 360 and Onshape are to cloud based CAD systems that are free for Hobby guys.

I have just added a second monitor to my computer

I couldn't get along without my second monitor. I bought my wife a 22" monitor a couple of years ago and appropriated her 20" for my second. I can't begin to enumerate the uses it gets.

I have a 22" outboard monitor, but then my little computer only has a 15". Then my wife, (take my wife please?

Whoops! Thats the problem of using a little laptop as a desktop. The Rodney Dangerfield quote interrupted and should have ended up with a :). Seriously I love her to pieces. She has a 27" super high resolution monitor and usually is seen using it to play solitaire. :confused 3: But if I could, I'd have at least two 27" next to each other. I still use an old version of a high end CAD program called VectorWorks that is more for architectural use, but it does some things really nicely, and I got very used to using it for my simple 2d CAD drawings over the last couple of decades. Its hard for my old brain to adjust to to some new fandangled program. Oh oh here comes the wife, I better sign off.

CHuck the grumpy old guy (who is very happily married for over 50 years)

Yup, Henny Youngman. Rodney got no respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the correction. but ...Well I don't get any of that either!
CHuck the grumpy old guy

Back