What's The Name Of The Free Online Cad Program

Not free, but Tubocad delux is easy to learn and will do 3D. You can find earlier versions on ebay in the $20 range. Anything above V15 aught to work with Xp and up. It takes the much higher priced pro versions to do extensive 3D and CAM.

Fusion 360 and Onshape are to cloud based CAD systems that are free for Hobby guys.
I have a copy of Autodesk's Fusion360 on my desktop and laptop. The desktop is an older Vista era machine with 4gb of memory. The program doesn't like the video driver and it runs so slow that it isn't really usable. The laptop is win8.1 machine with 6gb of memory and works just fine so far. It is a big leap if you have no CAD experience at all, but it looks like it will compete with the high dollar programs us hobby guys just can't justify.

I've been using freeCAD a bit, I quite like it and it can do assemblies (i cant as i havnt fully figured that out) which might be handy.

On a side note it's quite versatile , I recently used it to convert a 3D scan of a vangough painting for use in a 3D grafix program.

Stuart

And one more free 3D CAD program to look at is Design Spark Mechanical.

Back