When is this gonna END??

It's can be a real rabbit hole. I've got a Blake Co-ax, couple of SDA laser center/edge finders, Starrett and Enco mechanical edge finders, Bore-it electronic edge finder, Import electronic edge finder, Enco wiggler set, Indical/DTI, Skoal centering scope and those are just tools for locating a part before machining. Then add the right angle milling attachment, Quillmaster and QRA attachments, DRO, Power feed on the Z, end mill holders, collets, ER32 collet chuck, parallels, stubby drills, mist coolant, etc. etc. etc. It is a slippery slope, but we all like skiing.

Bruce

Ya'll are going to scare us beginners off.... I already have more model airplane engines, kits, servos than I will ever need so well aware of these 'rabbit holes'.

it just made me good at machine Tetris.
Yup.
Relax, it isn't even remotely to the terminal stages yet. Terminal stage is when you look at all the attachments and say to yourself, "If I had another mill, it sure would be easier to leave the dividing head, rotary table, vise, angle vise, attached to it so I didn't have to go through all this setup all the time."
Oh, jeez. I wish ya hadn't a said that.....
Do tool suppliers cut you off??
Sure...just like your Snap-On dealer did......

Could be worse, how many cats do you have? Nobody shows up when you have "too many" tools, and they don't stink the place up. Although a well oiled machine does create droppings that kitty litter will help clean up. The more you know, the more you don't know - see winegrower above.

Back