When is this gonna END??

I think you have too much of that white powdery stuff up there that I don't like.

That is only for 7 months... LOL.
I will agree that that part of it kinda sucks but winter is my build time. Just built our last dream house on 22 acres with 1200 feet of frontage on the Red Cedar river. Also built a 36x36 shop, which is too small. LOL

I've got some southern rock on Pandora playing, a cold IPA to sip on and 1/3 scale Cub build ongoing today. Winter is build time for me as well.

Attachments

• 20200210_205926.jpg
    20200210_205926.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
Are those two things causal or coincident? :oops:
I’m going to assume many of us have been acquiring tools and machinery over our lifetime.
Hobbies and interests change, homeowners acquire all sorts of project leftovers and tools as we make our houses into homes. We work on cars so you have to have tools. You do home repairs, you have to have tools. You buy a compressor, you have to have all the air tools.
In my case, I’ve been buying tools and machine tools since I was 15 years old. I’m 63.
Roughly $1,500 a year for a passion doesn’t seem out of line.
Unfortunately in my case, my wife and I lost our home and my shop in the Camp Fire, in November of 2018.
I gave Myself a budget of $50,000 to rebuild my garage/shop. I’m over budget, but that’s ok, I don’t do woodwork or work on cars anymore.
Its pretty easy to spend $20,000 on a lathe, mill and tooling right?
When is it gonna end?

At my age and just found out I have Parkinson so will still go into the shop and finding ways to do what I love after 50+years in the trade and my hobby but can’t give up my addiction

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
So sorry to hear this. Please be safe when out in the shop.

All heavily insured?
I had my insurance agent add $150,000 to the contents coverage of our policy.
Unless you have a separate clause or rider? To the policy to cover that $10,000 diamond ring or the $12,000 Monarch lathe, the loss comes out of your content coverage.
In our case, a town of 25,000 people was destroyed. All of a sudden that house for sale due to demand went up 30% or more. We had to take money from our content coverage to pay cash for our replacement home.
Fortunately we had good insurance and good coverage.

Back