Where can I buy these lathe tools and inserts?

sacentre

Registered
Registered
Does anyone happen to know of an Asian online seller where I can order 3/8" (10mm) lathe tools for triangular inserts like the ones in this photo? I'm based in Singapore.

I'm after the ones where the insert is held in with a screw - not the clamp type. I usually order parts from Aliexpress but can't seem to find this exact type/size of shank.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-28 235954.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-28 235954.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 36
Does anyone happen to know of an Asian online seller where I can order 3/8" (10mm) lathe tools for triangular inserts like the ones in this photo? I'm based in Singapore.

I'm after the ones where the insert is held in with a screw - not the clamp type. I usually order parts from Aliexpress but can't seem to find this exact type/size of shank.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor
Banggood?

well, if you do a google or duck duck go search and look for tcmt, you will find hundreds, or thousands of choices. Where you choose to buy is based on your wallet, and needs.

Not sure why you would want screw instead of clamp type. There's a reason that style is only offered in the smallest size and at the cheapest price.
I searched AE, Banggood and Temu. None offer this style. That alone should tell you something.

Last edited:
There are a lot of Chinese sellers on Flea bay. Some even have stock in the US.

guys, he's in Singapore, so he needs to do a search locally. Also it is a common size at 10mm... not sure what the problem is.

Not sure why you would want screw instead of clamp type. There's a reason that style is only offered in the smallest size and at the cheapest price.

What exactly are you trying to imply with a reference to size and price?

Screws are almost always used when cutting forces are low, or clearance is a potential issue.

Size is based on the intended use case. For example small inserts are generally used for finish turning or boring. You don't need a big honking insert (waste of money )if you are only going to be removing a few thousands.

Price comes down to who makes them, what they are coated with (if anything), and profit margin. For example there aren't cheap inserts, even though they use a screw, and are small.
https://www.carbidedepot.com/Inserts/T-TRIANGLE/TCGT/KENNAMETAL-HP-CHIPBREAKER/TCGT21505HP-KC5010

These aren't cheap holders, even though the are designed for small TCMT/TCGT inserts.

@sacentre

See if you can get your hands on one of these sets from Glanze.

I have 2 sets of the 1/2" shank CCMT/CCGT versions and they have been going strong for over a decade and a half.

Shars also sells sets, but i don't know how good the quality is.

Search for STFCR 1010H10 on Ali and see if that will work.

Last edited:
Back