Where can I buy these lathe tools and inserts?

well, if you do a google or duck duck go search and look for tcmt, you will find hundreds, or thousands of choices. Where you choose to buy is based on your wallet, and needs.
Thanks for replying. I can see plenty available on UK/US web sites but importing from there makes no economic sense, especially when most of the products originate from Asia in the first place. The inserts are easy to find but the 10mm shanks seem a bit scarcer. I just do mostly light turning in aluminum on my old Real-Bull 7x12 so don't top quality tooling. Thanks again.

What exactly are you trying to imply with a reference to size and price?

Screws are almost always used when cutting forces are low, or clearance is a potential issue.

Size is based on the intended use case. For example small inserts are generally used for finish turning or boring. You don't need a big honking insert (waste of money )if you are only going to be removing a few thousands.

Price comes down to who makes them, what they are coated with (if anything), and profit margin. For example there aren't cheap inserts, even though they use a screw, and are small.
https://www.carbidedepot.com/Inserts/T-TRIANGLE/TCGT/KENNAMETAL-HP-CHIPBREAKER/TCGT21505HP-KC5010

These aren't cheap holders, even though the are designed for small TCMT/TCGT inserts.

@sacentre

See if you can get your hands on one of these sets from Glanze.

I have 2 sets of the 1/2" shank CCMT/CCGT versions and they have been going strong for over a decade and a half.

Shars also sells sets, but i don't know how good the quality is.
Thanks for the reply. Those Glanze sets would be ideal but I'd need to look for a reseller nearer to me. It makes no economic sense importing to Singapore from Europe or the US. I'll email them and see if they have any resellers in this region.

Thanks for the reply. Those Glanze sets would be ideal but I'd need to look for a reseller nearer to me. It makes no economic sense importing to Singapore from Europe or the US. I'll email them and see if they have any resellers in this region.

They are an India based company, So I would be shocked if they didn't.

Back