Where is Sue?

The last post that I see from her was back in September.

However her profile shows she last visited Monday night:
1639677280431.png

Perhaps just a mention (@Susan_in_SF ) will get her to "check in" with the latest additions to her tool collection.

-brino

Hi guys,
Sorry for being so MIA.
As some of you know, I had several deaths in my immediate family within a few years. When my younger sister passed away, I became less motivated with working towards getting my shop together.
In addition, my health issues from my rheumatoid arthritis has been getting worse. I was getting the the nerves surrounding my lowest vertebrae's 6 facet joints burned off for pain relief (Radiofrequency ablation) every 6 months, but the last treatment didn't stop much pain. So, a couple weeks ago, I had a procedure where 2 coiled wires were inserted in my lower back in something called a spinal stimulator where I control it with a remote control. So far, my back does feel better, and I can do more than before. I am sharing all this info since some other members may have back pain, and perhaps can ask their doctor about either Radiofrequency ablation or spinal stimulation. I just have to remember to remove the battery before showering, lol.
My 14 year old son said with screws in my foot, and wires out my back, I am turning into a cyborg ;-)
Resized_20150710_135341-1.jpeg
20211208_210126.jpg
Also, I think I stayed away from this site just because I was embarrassed by my lack of progress with my shop.
I usually have to do everything by myself. My 14 yr old son, who is mildly autistic, can now help with some heavy lifting if I need his help. However. he's a video game player with spaghetti arms, so I can't expect too much help, lol
Anyways, I told myself that when my shop is finally ready, I definitely will post pics to this forum.
Also, due to real lack of space, I had to practice some serious self control whenever I found any super deals on machinist stuff.
For now, I will share a couple of my latest finds.
A few months ago, I was at a building resource salvage yard here in SF. I saw this old rusty machine in the yard. No one there knew what it was. I bought this for $45:
Resized_20210506_163211.jpeg
I removed the diy coolant shield, and this little guy is on my to-do list for a distant restoration.

Finally, I want to tell you guys thank you for being concerned about me (and my tools) :)
Having awesome, non-snobby, nice members is why I only post on this site.

Susan

The last post that I see from her was back in September.

However her profile shows she last visited Monday night:
View attachment 388709

Perhaps just a mention (@Susan_in_SF ) will get her to "check in" with the latest additions to her tool collection.

-brino

Calling San Francisco Sue.......
I hope all is well!

Sorry to hear about your family and health problems.
It is good to hear from you once again!
The RFA was my latest procedure for my bad back.
In my case, it stirred up a hornets nest of nerve pain.
The stimulation thing is my next consideration.
It sounds like you are finally getting some relief. That has to be encouraging.
Glad you checked in.

Hi Susan,

I am very sorry for your multiple losses. That type of profound loss would demotivate anyone.

So far, my back does feel better, and I can do more than before.
Excellent! but don't over do it, you are not fully bionic yet!

Also, I think I stayed away from this site just because I was embarrassed by my lack of progress with my shop.
No worries, there are many, many of us here with piles of procrastination for all kinds of reasons.
You have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about; especially among your friends here.

Wow a surface grinder for $45!
Amazing. Congratulations.

Brian
(aka -brino)

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth. Hi Susan, and Merry Christmas. Mike

No worries, there are many, many of us here with piles of procrastination for all kinds of reasons.
You have absolutely noting to be embarrassed about; especially among your friends here.

Don't know you but sorry for your losses and medical issues. Getting older definitely doesn't help.
All the best wishes and prayers.
Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

you know workshops are always a work in progress and never finished, right? And that we love pics? :)

Back