Where to find upside down parting holder?

Shipping is $27.49. I don't think that is bad considering the distance.

"I use a 3mm inserted tool the right way up in the rear QCTP on my Myford Super 7 with the lathe running in reverse."
Doesn't the Myford have a threaded chuck? Risky? Or are you using a draw bar?
As for threading I prefer to have the tool upside down rather than trying to repeatedly stop close the a shoulder. I also thread straight in, no 29 degree setup (which causes a rubbing, burnishing, heating action on a 60 degree thread.) An internal threading tool is basically a straight in operation, isn't it? (I have a lot harder time measuring an internal thread.)

Shipping is $27.49. I don't think that is bad considering the distance.

Yes, I would have expected more than that. As postage is so expensive here. Generally postage is double what you pay in USA. If it works out cheaper then do it.

Before I actually pay for an Eccentric inverted parting tool holder ...I see many mentions of making one on the forum here ...but I cannot seem to find some step by step info on how to build one. If that is available could someone provide me the link. Thanks again!

Before I actually pay for an Eccentric inverted parting tool holder ...I see many mentions of making one on the forum here ...but I cannot seem to find some step by step info on how to build one. If that is available could someone provide me the link. Thanks again!
What equipment do you have available? What is your toolpost? I made my holder out of scrap in an evening. Depending on toolpost you could build a good one one the lathe better than a bought one.

I have a Logan 12 inch 2557V. Currently I am using a small two slot turret tool post that was made previous owner. I am heading for a Multifix 40 position type of toolpost and instead of buying a regular parting tool holder I want an inverse parting tool because of all the great information here. If I could find correct information on making my own I would pursue that ...to continue to learn machining as well as save money. But I do not want to build something that does not work ....hence as always ...following someone more knowledgeable about this is what I am looking for.

Here's some design parameters: Blade perpendicular to the lathe spindle axis. Blade verticle. Blade as close to center of toolpost mount as possible. Blade held as rigidly as possible.
Have another look at the thing I cobbled together. This was done in a hurry to use a 32 mm wide blade upside down at the front. It looks horrible and I have been meaning to make a nice one for years, or at least replace the screws with countersunk ones but you how it goes.
If I had a wedge type toolpost I reckon I could have gone a few mm's closer to center.

HPIM0156.JPG

Back