Which Cordless 4 1/2” Angle Grinder ?

Cr23484

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
Looking at a purchase of a cordless angle grinder for cleaning up slag and welds from stick welding.
Any Advice is appreciated!
J

I just picked up a cordless used Dewalt 60 volt flexvolt and it is powerful, my old brush Makita is junk, and I do like the old Dewalt 18 volt that I put an adapter to run on a Dewalt 20 volt battery. BUT I have nothing else to compare it to.

Are you invested in one of the current battery platforms now? I've got a Milwaukee M18 5" angle grinder & I've very happy with it along with their right angle die grinder & straight die grinder. These days they are all comparable so I'd go with whichever battery platform you are using now. If you are not on one & don't plan to get other cordless tools, any of the top common brands will be good with minor feature differences. If you do plan to get more cordless tools, look at the brands to see what other tools they offer that might interest you.

I used use Dewalt for a while. My hammer drill & charger got stolen at work which bummed me out. My company offered to pay for a replacement. I then switched to Milwaukee & couldn't be happier with all the tools I own now.

The 60volt dewalt is amazing it will run 6 inch cutoff disks and is stronger than a 110v 4.5 grinder 20volt brushless dewalt works well old 18 v brush style is a weak battery hog but was pretty good in its day

Thank You !
All good info and advice. I do like the tooless feature on the Milwaukee, and I own a Milwaukee 18volt fuel screw gun/ drill. I also have a Milwaukee cordless super sawzal. Absolutely love them.
I own a Hitachi 18 v finish nailer which is awesome.
Seems like I am going to go towards Milwaukee.
Thanks again for all the help.
J

Thanks!
Looks very interesting ! Good price compared to Amazon.
Nice that the battery rotates.
J

I have to agree with @davidpbest on the Metabo grinder. Over the last 40 yrs I’ve used just about all of them. In my opinion Metabo wrote the book on right angle grinders. My go to.

Last edited:
Back