Which Cordless 4 1/2” Angle Grinder ?

I have to agree with @davidpbest on the Metabo grinder. Over the last 40 yrs I’ve used just about all of them. In my opinion Metabo wrote the book on right angle grinders. My go too.

Odd how some names have their niche. Decades in construction (me, plumbing) and some are just better at particular tools. Electric jackhammer (Bosch), portable band saw (Milwaukee), rotary hammer or power actuated anchor tools (Hilti), etc, etc. Metabo wrote the book on right angle grinders.

Odd how some names have their niche. Decades in construction (me, plumbing) and some are just better at particular tools. Electric jackhammer (Bosch), portable band saw (Milwaukee), rotary hammer or power actuated anchor tools (Hilti), etc, etc. Metabo wrote the book on right angle grinders.

I have to agree with all of your selections. I retired from the elevator industry so I also used them all. Now days, I’m Hilti on most anything but the grinders. I have both but prefer the Metabo

I just got one of these.
It seems under powered so far.

I have a Metabo corded 6" and agree that Metabo tools are a step up.

Aaron

Thanks to you all !
I do have a few corded Metabo 4.5” angle grinders, and love them.
I never used a pancake style, not sure if I need it for slag removal and cleaning up messy welds.
I usually have a wire brush on the grinder for slag removal.
I only use the grinding discs for grinding down welds, which is not as often.
The quick release of the guard and tool less changing of discs is very helpful, and so is the clutch if it bogs down.
I think now It am leaning towards the Metabo, even though it is my only Metabo cordless tool.
J

Thank You !
All good info and advice. I do like the tooless feature on the Milwaukee, and I own a Milwaukee 18volt fuel screw gun/ drill. I also have a Milwaukee cordless super sawzal. Absolutely love them.
I own a Hitachi 18 v finish nailer which is awesome.
Seems like I am going to go towards Milwaukee.
Thanks again for all the help.
J
I have two 18V Hitachi cordless grinders. Use them all the time.

Bosch. Made in Switzerland under a DIN/EN/ISO quality management system. Just say no to Chinese made tools. Buy once, cry once- but you don't even need to cry, because Bosch power tools are priced right in there with Chi-Walt and Milwaukee and other such soy-based products. I threw out a lot of cordless tools to end up here, and I've not looked back. In addition to the cordless, I've got three Bosch corded grinders that I got new in the 1980s and one 10 years ago that are still going strong after decades of use.
81kLQCRpvgL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Back