Who has their Mini lathe mounted to the top of a rolling tool cabinet?

got the floor lock installed and set the lathe back on the tool box works well still not satisfied with the stability, I will reserve judgment until i get it loaded with tools. still need to install the chip tray but i'm kind of liking the space under the lathe for cleaning the chips so i may rethink it, maybe a spacer between the lathe and the chip tray? the install looks tall but is solid as a rock as far as the lathe to the tool box the tool box to the floor needs some work.

Attachments

• IMG_6222.jpeg
    IMG_6222.jpeg
    462 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6221.jpeg
    IMG_6221.jpeg
    579.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 25
still need to install the chip tray but i'm kind of liking the space under the lathe for cleaning the chips so i may rethink it, maybe a spacer between the lathe and the chip tray? the install looks tall but is solid as a rock as far as the lathe to the tool box the tool box to the floor needs some work.
Put chip tray under the feet you added? If it's not long enough, make (or get the local sheet metal shop to make one up) a new one; 20ga galvanized steel tray is all that's needed.

Didn't notice from your previous photos - you've actually got what I would call an 8-1/2" Bench Lathe.

Put chip tray under the feet you added? If it's not long enough, make (or get the local sheet metal shop to make one up) a new one; 20ga galvanized steel tray is all that's needed.

Didn't notice from your previous photos - you've actually got what I would call an 8-1/2" Bench Lathe.
planning on coolant in the future so the high mounted chip tray allows for a drain in the tray and gravity flow to a sump on the back of the tool box. yes the lathe is a MX-600A 8.7X23.? 9X24 nominal but it is just a beefed up 210mm swing lathe just a little bigger.

Back