Who said it ?

graham-xrf

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
It's about the approaches, work-arounds, alternative solutions, and stuff one one gets up to with what is to hand, especially when all has seemingly gone to hell around you. It's amazing how quickly one can run out of ways forward, and have to reach for ever bigger tools, and get up ever bigger forces, to finally tame some diddy little thing that gets ever more obstinate.

So I read the quote somewhere, but I don't know from where it came, or even I got it correct, but it goes something like..
"When all you have is a hammer, most things around start to look as if they could benefit with some help from a nail" !

Its a bit like--
If you can keep your head whilst all around are loosing theirs then you do not understand the situation.
Yup - when all the colleagues are showing extreme concern, and expending lots of effort in taking exceptional actions, one should think hard before just asking "So what's the big deal"?

I used to tune pianos and still do, at least on my wife's. You have this L shaped wrench with a wood handle that fits on the square tuning pins and very carefully turn the pins. It was called a tuning hammero_O.

Back