Wife Asking Too Many Questions

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
wife and I took a trip to western Ohio Tuesday morning. We picked up a 12 in 4 jaw chuck for the 16 by 54 American pacemaker I got a couple of weeks ago. When we got home their was a box on the front porch, and she wanted to know what it was.
I just mumbled something and got the box and headed to the work shop. It was the Jacobs collet chuck I bought. Had to have it, since I already had a complete set of collets.
Their was a flat card board box in the back seat of her vehical and I asked her what it was. Her response. Was it was something she hadn't bought and was taking it back to the post office.
Don't ever use your wife's return address stickers when you mail a check to someone. It was the l-1 wrench I had ordered .

Think I'm busted. Scruffy

My in-laws used to live next door to us; worked out pretty well. My stuff went to him, his to me . . . My wife is really tolerant; she goes by the old saying "if it doesn't burn gasoline or have blond hair, don't worry about it". Maybe order her some flowers to the porch?

The way to do it is to tie the new tool to some project you are doing for her. That way it is all about her and you can usually get away unscathed.

That's more or less my wife's thoughts. Unless it's a major purchase, we don't even have much of a discussion
The lathe we talked about it and she convinced me to buy it, as long as I got rid of 1 .
So I traded 1 off ,and bought it. Still have 3. Some day 1 more is leaving.
The wrench was the funny part. I was waiting on it!
Thanks scruffy

Works the same with fishing stuff. It's a good thing the wife likes the fish fries!

I guess I'm lucky, Fishing, She is the one that often suggest getting out and going fishing. Tools, I buy tools she buys other stuff. My mini lathe broke, she bought me an xmas present, New mini lathe. I need a tool for it, either I get it or she does. That is when she knows what I'm doing. Allowance spends quite fast at times, then she knows what I'm doing asking for more.

#1. My wife fishes too. Fishing stuff is easy.
#2. Tools are OK too if I can explain what it does and showing her the results is the real key to getting more.

My wife's pretty good about my buying a new tool for some job around the house, and I'm reluctant to buy tools I don't think I'll get much use of. But sometimes you just need it. We refer to such purchases as "Contractor Gratuities". It's amazing how much precision machine shop equipment is required to maintain her quilting and sewing "machinery". :)

Depends on the tools. When I enlarged the chicken run, I bought a new cordless Ryobi narrow crown stapler. I explained I needed it because:
#1 - My staple gun wouldn't drive a 1/2" staple into PT wood.
#2 - I was *not* going to drive that many staples by hand.
#3 - I can use it for other stuff afterwards.

I got to #2 before she told me to shut up and buy it. :)

My wife knows it would be rude to interfere with my interest in machinery and tools.

Back