WJ200 Jog with 3-wire control

Additional diode D3 to the JOG RUN line would prevent any feedpack to input 3 JOG if the relay was in in the latched run position. Not an issue with a rotary JOG switch but if one had a joystick it can get bumped. You would need a DPDT relay so one side operates as a latch. If you plan to use any coolant such as an air/drip system you can use a 3P or 4P relay and wire that in so coolant is only active when then start button/run relay is activated. On the E-Stop I often use a LED power indicator light, and sometimes use LED in the start/stop buttons to indicate status/fault similar to the previous button enclosure posted. On a lathe I usually find it preferable to use a 3 button momentary design FOR - STOP - REV with a dual latching relay design that are interlocked so one can change directions without using the stop button. I would add 2 stage braking option.

1702400256872.png

Additional diode D3 to the JOG RUN line would prevent any feedpack to input 3 JOG if the relay was in in the latched run position. Not an issue with a rotary JOG switch but if one had a joystick it can get bumped. You would need a DPDT relay so one side operates as a latch. If you plan to use any coolant such as an air/drip system you can use a 3P or 4P relay and wire that in so coolant is only active when then start button/run relay is activated. On the E-Stop I often use a LED power indicator light, and sometimes use LED in the start/stop buttons to indicate status/fault similar to the previous button enclosure posted. On a lathe I usually find it preferable to use a 3 button momentary design FOR - STOP - REV with a dual latching relay design that are interlocked so one can change directions without using the stop button. I would add 2 stage braking option.

Thanks Mark

You would need a DPDT relay so one side operates as a latch.

Mark, I originally sketched this up with a DPDT relay, but convinced myself because everything is sourced from the same P24 rail, there really was no difference for SPDT vs DPDT. Is there something I'm missing.

1702428635372.png

I wasn't clear on the latch wiring with the previous schematic, but I still would use a DPDT relay and you have the other side available for other things. You can use the VFD power supply, I am just use to using a separate 24VDC power supply and the second pole for the latch. Lots of different ways to do this, but in my builds I have 2-3 levels of safety features as well as interlocks on the assumption that a switch or relay fails open or closed. I still prefer a 3 button momentary button design.

Back