Wonder What This Is Really Worth

IamNotImportant

Registered
Registered
Notice he painted it on the pallet jack, posted pics of it without putting back the stuff he stripped off of it..

1648206637626.png

1648206656934.png

1648206670240.png

Oh and he is trying to get 2700.00 out of it

That is very similar to my mill... I gave $1500 for it 4 or 5 years ago... it had been used as a drill press since it was new, so there was no wear at all on the ways or lead screws.

I bought another Enco around 15 years ago and gave it to my dad... I paid $1500 for it, also... it had the shorter table (maybe 42 inches?).

-Bear

Location location location . I sold an Enco in excellent condition for $2300 around 6 years ago . All power feeds and Accurite DRO . R8 collets and a couple chucks . It had the 2 speed motor which I liked being a step pulley machine .

I have one in my shop at work now , it does the job .

First-this is 2022 and inflation is the highest its been in 40 years.
Second- If you buy things based on a picture you will surely be disappointed.
I don't fear the paint job, . It is not being represented as rebuilt. Is it?
I would be more influenced by the person who tries to hide that it was just painted or camouflage it.
In the real world of machining the paint is the first thing to wear and the last thing to be worried about...it doesn't make money and that is why the machines were built.
Go see the machine...take an indicator and a mag base.
Are all the other parts there?
Have they been installed?
As a seller it only makes sense to show your items in the best light.
So, when you get there and are making small talk and you pull out an indicator and mag base while inspecting the machine the owner will probably open up about any issues.
"YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER"
Treat the seller well and he probably will treat you better, it's just another item for sale, it's up to you to decide wear and suitability for your needs.

ALSO. This looks like a long table 42-48 inches.
More than likely it will show wear in the x axis,
the longer tables always do,as there is so much overhang.
This is not a deal breaker....real machinist learn how to make good parts on worn machines.
My personal 1965 Bridgeport has .0035 wear in the center of the x axis table ways and I continue to make good parts.

ALSO. This looks like a long table 42-48 inches.
More than likely it will show wear in the x axis,
the longer tables always do,as there is so much overhang.
This is not a deal breaker....real machinist learn how to make good parts on worn machines.
My personal 1965 Bridgeport has .0035 wear in the center of the x axis table ways and I continue to make good parts.
42"

Last edited:
When looking at any Bridgeport or Bridgeport clone the heads are the first to be "hurt" they will generally still run and work but with increased noise.
I say hurt because people mess up shifting between ranges and it modestly damages/ burrs components and if left that way increase wear to failure.
This is also not a deal breaker as the step heads are easy to repair and the parts are reasonably priced.

that's not a bad price at all, as long as all the parts are there. I'd consider the paintjob simply as something that saves me having to clean it myself :)

Back