Work Light

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I saw these on eBay:
1588865085864.png

As you can see, people are taking the Dewalt 20 volt adapters and sticking a low wattage LED offroad light on them. Seems like a simple project. I ordered 2 adapters and two lights. Should work out to about $20 per light without the battery. I will post some more when they get here. Shipping seems to be taking longer these days.
Robert

Interesting. I wonder how fast they drain the battery down before a recharge is needed.

According to the seller, not fast. Lasts hours. It would obviously depend on the wattage of the light selected. I went with only 18 watts because I intend this for close range outdoor work and camping. I am wondering if the large 60v multivoltage packs with work with the adapter I ordered? If you plug the 60v onto a drill it powers it at 20v and lasts 3 times as long!
Robert

I got a flashlight with one of my Hitachi sets and thought it would be pretty useless. Turns out I was wrong, I use it all the time now, I wonder if they make one for Hitachi/Metabo 18v batteries.

John

I have installed a few of these on boats and two on my own. I have 1 spot on the bow and 1 flood in my cockpit. Been there for 6 or 7 years and still working. $24.00 for a pair back then.

Size: 3" (L) x 2.7" (H) x 3" (D).
  • Operates on 9-36 Volts DC including 12 and 24 Volts.
  • Flood and Spot Combo Beam.
  • Pivoting mounting system.
  • 6 LED bulbs 3 Watt each 18 watts total.
  • 1600 lumens, 6000k.
  • 4 amps on 12 volts, 2 amp on 24 volts.
  • 68 IP rating 9can be submerged in water).
  • Durable high impact housing.
  • 50,000 life hour expectancy.
  • 2 wire installation.
  • 1 Year Warranty.
.s-l500.jpg

Reactions: rwm
Yikes, the Hitachi adapters are $30. I could buy a pretty good rechargeable flashlight for that....

JOhn

Reactions: rwm
Yikes, the Hitachi adapters are $30. I could buy a pretty good rechargeable flashlight for that....

JOhn
Painful. The Dewalts are $10. Hey, do you have an old tool that fits the batteries? You could cut the bottom off and use it as the adapter. I did that with a broken Dewalt drill.
Robert

Back