Working Girls (no, not what you are thinking!)

Re: Working Girls

Your title is kind of misleading:rofl::rofl:

Paul

Great pics............never underestimate what women are capable of! :whiteflag:

M

What is the machine in the last picture? My thought is at least she has on what appears to be safety glasses, even if she is in a dress! My Thanks to these hard working women and men whom did what they had to do during WWII so we can enjoy the freedoms many take for granted today!!!

Last edited:

All I can figure on that one is some sort of grinder, based on the electric motor. If it were a spot welder, I'd expect her to be wearing different PPE, as little as was used back then. But if it's a grinder, it must be running dry.

Here's one that just seems wrong!

1a35346u.jpg

1a35346u.jpg

What is the machine in the last picture? My thought is at least she has on what appears to be safety glasses, even if she is in a dress! My Thanks to these hard working women and men whom did what they had to do during WWII so we can enjoy the freedoms many take for grnated today!!!

Lots of sparks coming out the back of it, and as she's wearing clear safety glasses I'd guess it's a grinder of some sort rather than a welder.

M

Only took til the 3rd-4th pic when I realized - by golly these girls havent been chowing down on Mcdonalds fries etc - I dont think there was an obesity problem back then :thumbsup:

Back