Working Girls (no, not what you are thinking!)

Interesting. I can speak from experience about the caustic comments and game-playing....I have worked as a nurse for the past 8 or so years. Men in the nursing profession is still a relatively new thing, and we are the minority. I've never met so many difficult, controlling, and VINDICTIVE women in my life. Must come with the territory. i have a lot of respect for those "Amazon" types who can hold their own when insulted...but the game-players and "Queen-Bee's" I cannot stand. I have to say, I never encountered any of those dynamics working around a bunch of guys. You show up on time, do your work, do it well, and generally respect each other. If you don't do those things, you'll generally get made fun of until you can hold your own. Or, you might get fired. If you disrespect another guy, you'd better be ready to defend yourself. Simple.

Scuba, I thoroughly concur with your sentiments, Maybe though, Much of what you say is a by product of todays "political correct dynamics, materialism, keeping up with the joneses, must get to the top of the garbage pile, better education etc" The old females i alluded to were not particularly well educated, a night at the bingo & a weeks holiday in the sun with their husbands, well that was the sum total as to their wish list in life, I also have in my last occupation fell foul of the works Queen Bee type The old guys i worked with many years ago, Well they were the old school there was a loyalty around then

As regards the little female sand coremakers, the deft nimble &fast movements of their hands, A man could not have equalled

Back