Workout for the old girl.

sycle1

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My 30 year old old chinesium drill press got a workout yesterday, drilling some 1"1/16" holes in some 1/4 inch bar.
I thought the earth was moving when I first started, I though it was on a pretty slow speed to start but had to engage slowest speed and lock everything down real tight then she cooperated pretty well for an old girl.IMG-0314.jpgIMG-0315.jpg

nice! I'd look into annular cutters for that thickness material, they cut very smoothly, to size and don't leave a burr. Not cheap though..

Yes! I think moving forward a boring bar or Anular cutter in the mill might be my preference, but sometimes you just have to use what is handy.
Was lucky really, I bought that actual drill bit in the bargain bin at the hardware store, honestly the only reason I bought it was because it was cheap. Before that purchase the closest drill size to that, would be 16mm. Must have been meant to be.
I was seriously thinking about using the plasma cutter, until I spotted that drill, still in the plastic box.

IMG-0317.jpgIMG-0316.jpg

This is what it is for, the driven wheels for Radio Controlled mower.
To be completed soon (I Promise Darl LOL)

He's going to do a little night mowin'...
(lawnmower man)

Had a neighbor that would shovel snow off his driveway at 4:00 AM and I am sure he would mow the grass if the mower had headlights. Nice enough guy, don't know if he was sending me a message or he had got one.
Have a good day
Ray

Back