Yet Another Atlas Mill Thread - The Clueless Mfc

Given the limited work envelope of the Atlas Mill the MT2 collets might be the best option. Import MT2 holders are available also but the minimum size that I found was 3/16" and they appear a bit bulky.

Or you could buy a 1/16" to 1/2" set of 2MT collets. There is an outfit in Hong Kong who sell a set that is good quality. I have it and the 3MT set.

Can you expand on that info? What is the outfit specifically? Were they expensive?

Well, they no longer seem to have an Imperial 2MT set listed. Only in 3MT. But you might write them and inquire. Maybe they still have a few sets left. I bought both of my sets from them on eBay I think (and subsequently a few other things direct). As best I recall, the 2MT set (which is smaller as it can only go up to 1/2") cost $40-something. http://www.ctctools.biz/collet-sets-1/

That turned out great. Having gone through one of these machines myself, I can appreciate the amount of work you had to put in.

Looks better then NEW , The gray paint just fits machinery , I did read you have two speeds on your motor or is the black switch for reverse? I'm going back and re-read that part. Just wanted to say you've done a great job on the rebuild. Also the cover is a great idea , I'm making covers for all of mine after I get them set up in my shop, I'm going to buy cheap moving blankets from HF between $5 +$7 each. I have heavy duty sewing machines for leather they can handle the job easy. Plus the quilting pattern sewn in gives strength. Thanks for sharing my atlas needs a couple parts but ill make the guard and the handle for the table. These finished builds inspire me to keep moving even being in a wheelchair I can do it all.

That turned out great. Having gone through one of these machines myself, I can appreciate the amount of work you had to put in.

+1 on that. Lotta parts go into that little machine - nice work!

John

Back