You know your a tool junkie when................

When you hit an estate sale with the intent of turning some things around to buy much needed items, get everything home, and don't want to part with it. Even though you already have 3 or 4 of the same item, just a different manufacturer.

You buy a junker "tool name here" for missing parts to fix the one you have and end up duplicating the parts and fixing them both. Neither of which you really needed in the first place.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one being drawn out of bed in the wee hours by the light bulb in my head. :)

My wife borrowed a screwdriver on Saturday and when she returned it and put it in the drawer, I asked if she put it back in correctly. She said she put it where she found it.

I walked to the drawer and noticed that it was indeed in the correct drawer but it was not in the exact spot it goes and it was not facing the correct direction.

When she questioned my behavior, I told her I knew that something wasn't right because there was a disturbance in the force, I could feel the tools weren't "happy".

I don't think she saw the humor that I did.

I have three boys 8, 10 and 12 with the tools affliction and a wife who's a fair tool hand herself. To protect my investment they ALL have their own tool boxes each stocked with whatever tools they need/use. I'll NEVER tell them they can't get this or that tool if they want it. Ask to borrow a tool in my house and you'll get 5 of them. We need serious help, don't we?

I'd say you're in a position to give serious help. You're doing it right.

When you find a 1-1/4" carbide insert rougher in the scrap at work and all that's wrong with it is that one of the screw heads holding an insert broke off. You spend 2 hours digging the screw out and your so proud of yourself for saving such an expensive cutter body.

It doesn't matter you have no way to hold a 1-1/4" cutter in your Bridgeport, and even if you could hold it you don't have enough power to really use it. What matters is that you saved a tool from the scrap heap.

You're in the shop working with said tools at 3:00 am, in your pajamas, on a project you woke up thinking about.
Don't laugh... I've done it.

Pat

I imagine that describes more of us than we are willing to admit to... :)

Want the ultimate test? There are way too many guys on here that know exactly what I'm saying, and I hope no one else ever understands. BTW, no tears on this keyboard. Here goes ...

You think about a tool in the shop in your burned-out house and wonder, "Can they clean that, or will they scrap it?" e.g. Starrett sliding square that came from the neighbour's garage sale. The lineman's pliers that your first boss in the trade gave you. And especially, the Mitutoyo micrometers. :veryscared:

Yup. I'm a tool junkie.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. (Job 1:21)

Best one I have read so far...

And yes... keeping the Lord in the tool perspective helps to balance an addiction... :)

When you drive by the metal recycling place, you look with contempt at the folks lined up to sell 'scrap'... :)

I have three boys 8, 10 and 12 with the tools affliction and a wife who's a fair tool hand herself. To protect my investment they ALL have their own tool boxes each stocked with whatever tools they need/use. I'll NEVER tell them they can't get this or that tool if they want it. Ask to borrow a tool in my house and you'll get 5 of them. We need serious help, don't we?

Yes, you do.:whistle:

You know your a tool junkie when you browse the machining sites looking for ideas for shop made tools in the situation that you "MIGHT" need it some day.

Back