Yuasa Spin Indexer?

WD 40 Rust Remover is new to me I may have to give it a try,thanks

Guys I slip by the place that I purchase the 5C Collet Indexer last week to see if they still had the tail stock for it and they did.Yahoooo! Just like the Indexer the tail stock is pretty nasty also,but I did get it and it seems to be in pretty good shape other than just setting.Now all I need to do is learn to use it,this will be the closet thing I will ever come close to a dividing head.25.00.jpg

How did the indexer look after de-rusting ? The tailstock is a great addition btw . If you want , I always put slot blocks on the bottoms of both and that way it lines up on your mill slots with not a whole lot of aggravation .

How did the indexer look after de-rusting ? The tailstock is a great addition btw . If you want , I always put slot blocks on the bottoms of both and that way it lines up on your mill slots with not a whole lot of aggravation .
Its coming along but slow,glad I took it apart cause old oil or what ever it was thick & nasty and the indexer was kinda hard to index.The adjustment screws where the tip is was starting to have rust film on some of them,so taking it all apart making me clean it up and lube it.

What I also did to all of mine was to mount those slot blocks , set them on top of an angle plate on the surface grinder , and grind the sides of the castings parallel to the bore and on center line . I could then just throw it in the Kurt vise on the mill and wouldn't have to indicate it true . :)

Thanks Dave I will have to watch few Utubes about how to use this on mill.My future project for it is to make few of those square head bolts that is for locking down the carriage.I know there's more to it than just this but not lot info on these other than for surface grinder.If sometimes you have yours setup on mill or surface grinder sure would love to see these in action.Just learning as I go which just a beginner so kinda clueless on lot of the specialize tooling but price was right so I couldn't pass these up

Guys I finish up doing a serious cleaning and lubing everything possible and I have to say its working smoothly. All I have to do is add a grease fitting then pump little grease all should be done.But wait a minute,something don't look right.I put it back together same way I took it apart.Guys do I have the piece in tailstock upside down?
H1.jpg

Attachments

• H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 6
Looks right to me. The center (part that goes into the center hole of a work piece) is designed that way to provide clearance to the top of the work piece. If you assembled it the other way, the milling cutter might hit it.

Ted

You can make a block to go under the indexer. I had a super spacer and a tailstock that was too high. I made a riser block for the spacer that included keyways for alignment. I got rid of the super spacer and replaced it with a 9" rotary table. The tailstock is just right for the RT.

Yep, I agree with Illinoyance. If you want to use that tail stock with that indexer making a riser block is a good option. A lot of times, you won't need a tail stock, because your work piece will only be sticking out a short distance, but, when you need it, just use a riser. Or, simply shim the indexer up with something and align your work piece vertically and horizontally with an indicator.

Ted

Back