2013 POTD Thread Archive

raise the stand until the laser line crosses the scribed line
That would have saved me the 2hrs cutting, drilling and welding. :) Better idea than mine. :LOL:

Installed my homemade table lift today on my Powermatic 1150. Works great. It has a 50lb assist gas spring.

IMG_20130507_170334_027_zpsc92439df.jpg
Here is the bottom clamped tightly against the column.
IMG_20130507_170237_844_zpsda4e6649.jpg
IMG_20130507_165809_687_zps3221c6e1.jpg

Neat Idea, I need one for my shopsmith head when I use it as a bench drill.

Neat Idea, I need one for my shopsmith head when I use it as a bench drill.

Thanks, It is the only setup I could think of that would alow the table to spin around the column ( besides a factory rack and pinion).
It works great and it is nice to be able to loosen the table and not worry about it falling. I lift up slightly on the front of the table and push down on the back and it falls easily. I can use two fingers on the front of the table to lift it back up.

BTW the rod on the back is there to keep the top and bottom collars in alignment. Without this the top collar could rotate and tear up the gas spring cylinder.

Thanks for looking,
Alan

Used the engine hoist to drop the lathe into its final position and figured out that I'm going to have to lift the mill column off of its pallet before I can get the hoist close enough to put it in position. I'll eventually get everything arranged, then I can finish rebuilding them and start making things.

Finished this fan for a friend who just found out his cancer is in remission!!!!! He asked if I would fix a couple for him so here is the first one. These are time consuming for sure.

David
Wow Dave, I have always been a fan freek. My kind of rare one (looks like that) is DC with external
brushes. Cant be too many of these due to the AC/DC war and AC won. sam

A friend ordered 500 gas jets. I only had a 0.180" wide cut off tool. That was taking too much material. So today I fixed a blade made from a common saw to a bit. I sharpened propperly and raised it. Now it cuts very easy and takes only 0.033

image.jpg

Bought a Logan lathe in January before I went overseas for work for several months. Managed to start getting it cleaned up before I left and parts ordered while I was gone. The day after I came back I bought a Bridgeport clone in boxes (ok, pallets) to go with the lathe since I never seen to have enough projects.

Yesterday and today I disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled the taper attachment...

before:

DSC03996_zps234c3928.jpg

DSC03997_zps92c1bcaf.jpg

DSC03999_zpsa7210a88.jpg

After:

DSC04001_zps654c677b.jpg

DSC04003_zpsb1ce6c29.jpg

DSC04008_zps68ab923b.jpg

DSC04010_zps725a2048.jpg

Threaded a 5/8" X 12" rod on both ends Coarse threads, in a bracket to be used in a hoist assembly to exchange lathes in the near future, used my Grizzly G9249. Also placed repurposed aluminum siding on an exterior wall of my shop.

Back