2015 POTD Thread Archive

got fed up of storing tool holders in drawer so knocked this up out of some scrap steel.
will hold 45 holders.

And I thought I was pushing the limits with a rack for 30 holders. Nice job.

Having added way wipers on my Clausing/atlas MK2 a couple of days ago, and having seen an indicator mounted on a saddle to fine tune diameter cutting on a 9" SB not to long ago, I decided that these old eyes didn't have to read that tiny dial to turn to a diameter, I could put an indicator on the saddle, so that was today's project. Here's a bird's eye view of my saddle. Yes, something isn't square, but it doesn't move so it doesn't matter. For the one of you who wondered how I made the ball on the Four Tool holder, I didn't. It's a 1" ball bearing, drill a hole with a carbide drill, turn a piece of 1/4 in drill rod down to 3/16 and braze it in. Yeah, polish it. Easy, good looking handle.
Y travadial.jpg

Since I overexposed the picture, that's a .0001 reading indicator. Now I've no excuse for missing a diameter.

If you look at the picture above of my mill, look closely at the quill down feed lever, I made that, stuck a chromed shifter ball on the end, I JB welded that one even tho it was threaded, the diameters didn't match

And I thought I was pushing the limits with a rack for 30 holders. Nice job.

just used up steel i had.
but also got some holders with cheaper tooling in that kids use whilst learning.

little something my 7yr old knocked up this morning.
we were struggling last night lining up some holes on something.
told him we needed an aligner, then explained it to him.
he wanted to make one so let him have go this morning.
showed him how to set angle then he got on with it.
was bit heavy handed but gets better with everything he does on it.
now to finish job it was made for.

aligner.jpg

Pretty fancy. If I smoked cigars I'd have to have one. Is that a humidity indicator in the cover? Might consider something similar for marijuana bud storage for the CO/WA market. Mike

Maybe Willie Nelson would finance that venture !

Hahaha, yep probably.
Sorry Mike skipped right over your question; yes, that's a hygrometer in the cap.

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back