2015 POTD Thread Archive

Hi folks, I haven't done much to post about lately, but today I used my shaper and it made such a nice rhythm squaring one end that I made a video whilst doing the other for all you shaper nuts to enjoy....kept the cuts small for fear of pushing the work out of the vice. Don't know what the steel is but the tool needed a quick touch on the wheel before the final cut. I think the rhythm gets even better towards the end..

A lump of railtrack makes a perfect dolly/anvil for sheet metal shaping, I've been keeping an eye out for one and got lucky, spotted it in a scrap pile the other day, free :)

Bernard

Hi folks, I haven't done much to post about lately, but today I used my shaper and it made such a nice rhythm squaring one end that I made a video whilst doing the other for all you shaper nuts to enjoy....kept the cuts small for fear of pushing the work out of the vice. Don't know what the steel is but the tool needed a quick touch on the wheel before the final cut. I think the rhythm gets even better towards the end..

A lump of railtrack makes a perfect dolly/anvil for sheet metal shaping, I've been keeping an eye out for one and got lucky, spotted it in a scrap pile the other day, free :)

Bernard

Nice job, good looking finish too.

Now I understand why many call it hypnotic.

Hopefully the travel stop dogs were locked. I was enjoying the sound. My high school had two little bigger shapers. Used to machine blocks of steel maybe V blocks. It's been to long.

Quick little job tonight while waiting for a guy to come by the shop and pickup my OBA system that I posted up for sale last night.

This part broke last week while my wife and I were in Ouray, CO wheeling. Can you guess what it is???

Started with a piece of .625" 6061 aluminum.
1z3q6nr.jpg

Part completed and ready for installation.
3452djc.jpg

2my0nxv.jpg

2lmwa3t.jpg

Any ideas yet????
2db41m0.jpg

Last week the little plastic tab on the back of my CB mike broke. The cheap plastic tab was replaced with an aluminum one and she's done!!
qpj5th.jpg

fn9us6.jpg

Quick little 5 minute job that adds the "kool" factor.

Mike.

Back