2015 POTD Thread Archive

Nice clean box Omni . that will suite RT well .. at first I thought it was cedar wood .. Hmm bamboo nice Job

Well for me
Finally was able to do some work in the garage today. Started working on my parts for a work stop for the mill. Got most ops done ran out of gas... To finish up all I gota do is cut slots in all clamp block sliders. . Cut the hardware to proper lengths. Put a finish on the parts, than modify mill vice vice to accommodate the set up. Was tired of using a make shift work stop figured this was worth spending the time on for the new mill.

DSCF1499.JPG DSCF1500.JPG DSCF1501.JPG

I got a new refrigerator delivered yesterday morning, so my food was saved.

I had the delivery guys tote the old one out to the driveway because I didn't want to trash up the street during the weekend before bulk pick-up Monday morning. After breakfast this morning, I lugged it out to the curb. If it had weighed 2 more pounds I would not have been able to tilt it back on my non-appliance cart.

I put a sign on it describing that the compressor was still good, and that the only thing wrong was the defrost coils. I made sure it had all the parts, including a bag with the screws that held the back cover in the freezer.

In less than an hour, as I hoped, a picker came by and carried it off. I even helped him tilt it into his pickup. Much better for it to be repaired or scrapped and salvaged than to go to the landfill.

I'm lucky, The person that lives beside me takes all of my old scrap and turns it in. He gives me stuff I see that he has found that I can use.

Wagner, That does look real nice.

When I use annular cutters on my mill I just use a 3/4 collet or whatever size needed, in the lathe use a drill chuck or make an adapter of sorts.
You don't need the Arbor that AirGas wants to sell you with the cutters. You also don't need the pilot adapter either, I've never once had a hole get walked around with an annular cutter, I use a cutter from Jancy I believe, bad to the bone.

Back