2015 POTD Thread Archive

Here's an innovative repair. (Not mine). Hadn't looked under the table of the bandsaw Im cleaning up till today. Appears at some point the zinc die cast quadrants that the table tilts on were broken. How do you repair a zinc die casting? Someone drilled cross holes through it, inserted common nails then soldered them to a steel backing plate and bolted them down. As crude as it looks it actually functions well, and may have been for decades. Im going to leave well enough alone for now, make new ones IF it ever fails.

IMG_1974.jpg

Greg

I recently rebuilt and sold my bandsaw. those trunnions are easily available. $30 ebay I believe...

Oh BTW Nice score and you suck...

chevydyl,
That looks awesome.
I have been wanting to build a bigger shower 48" x 72" but am reluctant to spend $600 on the pan for the floor.
How did you anchor it to the walls?
you can make a shower floor out of pvc shower liner then tile it yourself, alot cheaper than a fiberglass one and you can make this any size you want..

Looks impressive, Mark. It is a mystery to me how it will move steel stairs.

Thanks for the suck Road. Will have a look for replacements but surprisingly these seam to work.
Installed a coat of grey paint this afternoon.

IMG_1977.jpg

They will come in unitized section (boxes we call it) each floor will come in three pieces. There will be 2 stairs (stringers with the treads already welded in) and 1 platform. When these are stood up on their side one end is raised and the cart slipped under to the center. the two wheel design makes it easy to maneuver. These stairs are about 8'-10' long 4' wide and 10" or 12" tall (across the stringer) The 12" side rests in the pan of the dolly with the 4' running vertical.
Mark

I spent a couple hours trying to find some good deals on slitting/slotting saws. I'm shocked how much the top manufactures charge for them, considering how simple they are.

I found small slitting saws (about 3 inches) on Ebay, in the neighborhood of 2 for 3.50 or so. One of them has cut half hard (RC35) 4140, albeit slowly.

Back