2015 POTD Thread Archive

Yea, The newer ones did ride a bit better also, The 40 I had was found on the side of a mountain in AK, had been sitting there for over 10 years in the open, At the time only had a cloth top and etc. Scrounged around and found everything to put the hard top, Upgraded the heater and defrosters, Was great in the snow and ice, plus it went anywhere I wanted to go, Including up to the top of a glacier. Was not as much fun in a big city when forced to move to Texas.

Something in the back of my mind prompts me to ask you what coolant are you using and have you checked that the solder you have used on the union is compatible with it .

I let things hang in my head whilst I've slept . This is what surfaced .
Its kept on nagging away in the back of my mind that cast iron , alloy, aluminium and brass all in one engine have problems with certain modern coolants .

app.aws.org/wj/supplement/WJ_1973_10_s460.pdf

I made some rollers for the anchor davit on my boat. Since stainless steel and aluminum don't play well together in the presence of salt water I pressed in some nylon cores to keep them separated.

DSC_1165.JPG DSC_1166.JPG

The old one broke, it goes on a commercial salmon fishing vessel, it was done for a customer

Thanks Tom,

The customer gave me complete freedom to design it. Its always fun to break away from heavy welding and create something different.

Got a new used grinder and needed a place to put it, also had a vice that I needed to do something with, So a built me a stand, then built an adapter to put the grinder on so that I could remove it and put the small vice on when I wanted to use that. Still have to make the adapters for the vice and another grinder. Also need to make a guides for the Grinder where I can adjust and set them. snip...

kvt,
Is that bar on the front of your stand intended as a "foot rest" to stabilize or some other purpose?
Thanks for posting.

made a TV antenna with the kids. We cut the cable to save some money and then found out that the TV antenna on the roof didn't work. No chance I'm going up there, even if I had a ladder tall enough, and the landlords don't seem interested in getting someone to fix it, so I figured I'd make one. The kids helped out with the drilling, cutting, bending and wiring, then went to bounce on the trampoline. Wiring the coax directly to the balun was a royal PITA with lots of fragile tiny wires, but I managed it in the end. 17 channels and signal strength "good", all from a bunch of transmitters ~35 miles away!

IMG_3824.JPG IMG_3825.JPG

Back