2016 POTD Thread Archive

I'd say it's now a $40 trash can. The difference between something that works and something that doesn't is at least a factor of two. Just the kind of fixes I get the biggest kick out of, simple, effective, and quickly implemented. Great job. Mike

Tom No that was their design as a way to make you go buy a new one. All it has to do is make it past the 30 or 90 day warranty period and then just like a car something breaks.

IMG_1751-M.jpg

IMG_1746-M.jpg

IMG_1747-M.jpg

IMG_1750-M.jpg

helping out a friend with his bike.

38mm OD fork tube. spindle bore is 40mm.

the inside of the tube had a step at 42mm from the end that the damper assembly rests upon, all held in by a circlip in the groove.
needed to "deepen" this to 52mm.
was pretty hard material to bore. finish wasn't the best but it all ended up good enough.

also did some axle spacers to centralise RH disc in the brake caliper.

pete

IMG_1751-M.jpg

IMG_1746-M.jpg

IMG_1747-M.jpg

IMG_1750-M.jpg

IMG_1751-M.jpg

IMG_1746-M.jpg

IMG_1747-M.jpg

IMG_1750-M.jpg

IMG_1751-M.jpg

IMG_1746-M.jpg

IMG_1747-M.jpg

IMG_1750-M.jpg

IMG_1751-M.jpg

IMG_1746-M.jpg

IMG_1747-M.jpg

IMG_1750-M.jpg

IMG_1751-M.jpg

IMG_1746-M.jpg

IMG_1747-M.jpg

IMG_1750-M.jpg

2volts, a larger boring bar may have helped with the finish, cool tho,

Ripthorn, I think you should show some more pictures, that thing is very nice, particularly the bottom and Cutting edge
but the screw cross slots don't line up, sloppy. . . did i really just say that ? its beautiful. no question about it;);)

nothing big or exciting but the first may help someone else. the second is a bit of a gloat with the promise of a review.
so the first picture shows my fix for the match up of my HF welding cart and power-mig 210. See when I bought the cart I measured the cart top and the welder. I over looked the bottle interfering with the power cord easy fix move the welder forward. Not! the leads then hit the handle because the handle did not come straight out it came out at an upward angle. So I removed the front screw on each side pushed the handle down and ran a couple of tech screws through the holes in the handle and into the cabinet.

20160328_202854.jpg

the other thing was I unboxed and set this guy.
20160328_202953.jpg

I will try to get some vids and review this machine when I get a chance to get a little more time to play. But I can say this it cut .25 steel like a hot knife through warm butter. set at 40amps and 50 psi I asked myself how have I lived without one so long. Eastwood claims it will cut 7/8 I will test it out to 1".

Mark

Just glad to get some time to play in the shop.

nice dude, i love my plasma, i used it on a low amp setting to cut the bracing out of the hood for my K5 blaze, i have an esab, one thing though is i bought some ebay consumables, they kinda work, kinda sometimes don't, like its hard to initiate an arc. idk, buyer beware, can you say china lol.
whats the max amps of your machine?

2volts, a larger boring bar may have helped with the finish, cool tho,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Anyway, that's as big a boring bar as I've got so it had to do.
The mounting of the bar is not as rigid as it ought to be, only screws holding it down.
A better holder for the bar is another improvement project for the job list.

pete

Back