2016 POTD Thread Archive

Put my Cincinnati Universal Cutter & Tool grinder back together. It had multiple layers of paint, grime etc. Many surfaces still have the original scraping marks so for a 1920's era machine it is in good shape. Waiting for new spindle bearings, then to learn how to use it.

IMGP4036.jpg

IMGP4039.jpg

IMGP4041.jpg

Nice job on the cleanup. Look forward to seeing it up and running. Mike

Those are one of the best buys for the money in toolboxes out there. It looks good. Don't worry in given time you'll fill it or over fill it like the rest of us

Also, the shop looks very neat and well-organized.

....he just needs more stuff.

But seriously, you are smart to stay well organized off the top.
It will make it much easier to keep it up.

-brino

Thanks guys! The other side of the shop is all jammed up with welding equip....that's my focus. I must say, having machining toys is awesome! Funds got short so the lathe procurement project is on hold for now. My grandpa left me a 1950 John Deere A that needs shinyed up. That moved up the list for now. I promised him before he died that I would return it to its old johnny poppin glory.

I know that you all know what I mean when I say (at least those of you with small kids running around)......I feel like Bob the freakin' builder......"can he fix it?.......yes he can!" This is a great hobby. I'm glad I'm getting back into it.

Those carts are good for storing machine tooling. I used the black one, took the lid off, and made an insert that holds 20 or 25 of my NMBT 50 tool holders. I also added racks on the sides like you did for clamps, and other tools. When my other projects slow down, I want to make an insert to hold more NMBT 50 tool holders on the bottom shelf.

I have two of those carts. You can't beat them for the money. One thing I did was take the wheels off.. With the wheels remove and the unit sitting on a couple boards it will fit nicely under a standard 36" metal work bench. Out of the way and an instant drawer system for your bench.

Back