2016 POTD Thread Archive

yup rustoleum, like I said, its supposed to be hammered, the camelback looks nothing like the color cap except the shade of color, it never formed the dimples, even on the smooth tape it didnt

I dig it Chevy. Been following your scraping adventures as I prep for my own.

You really need a wet coat and then another within about 20 minutes for the hammer effect to happen. At least that is what has been working for me. Kind of difficult to get the look and not have runs.

yeah I read the directions, I laid the paint on pretty thick, I did two pretty heavy coats, within about 20mins of each other, because of the ribs and little tight spots, naturally to get good coverage, your gonna have heavy application. if you look at the ribs, that frosty spot here and there, that's cause it didn't dry overnight, and I touched it...

yeah I read the directions, I laid the paint on pretty thick, I did two pretty heavy coats, within about 20mins of each other, because of the ribs and little tight spots, naturally to get good coverage, your gonna have heavy application. if you look at the ribs, that frosty spot here and there, that's cause it didn't dry overnight, and I touched it...

I also use a heat gun set at 200° to dry it quicker but not completely. Then I set it aside for 24 hours. Kind of a lousy system. BTW I really like what you have done with that camelback. The color is perfect. Just wish I had half your skill.
Roy

Chevy, That almost looks to good to be using.

Sanddan That much weight and the lathe on top of that , You sure you don't need a center brace, If you are like me that means at least another 100 to 150 pound or more of tools in the box, then what you can put in the shelves. Of course I always over build things

thanks for the comments.
when I shot the paint, the camelback was sitting under a catalyst heater at work, I deliberately placed it where I could feel the radiant heat, oh well, I will touch up the problem areas later, and maybe, just maybe I can get the can to squirt out the hammered look, when I was first spraying, it shot out some heavy stuff and made a mess, leaked down onto my hand, I was like wtf rustoleum....

Back