2017 POTD Thread Archive

John first and foremost I am not into bikes. However you have shared some awesome pictures. The detail is wonderful and crystal clear.

Nice project

David

John first and foremost I am not into bikes. However you have shared some awesome pictures. The detail is wonderful and crystal clear.

Nice project

David

That's really the beauty of this site...we all have different interests- clocks, guns, cars, bikes, tractors, etc. and all pulled together by the need to make things with machine tools. What we share enriches us all!

Nice job on the conversion. you are definitely going to have one of a kind. Mike

That's really the beauty of this site...we all have different interests- clocks, guns, cars, bikes, tractors, etc. and all pulled together by the need to make things with machine tools. What we share enriches us all!

"Sharptool" I fully agree. Great friendly site with varied interests and contributions.

David

Long racks are often made in sections. If you have a shaper, it's a basic exercise. If not, it gets a bit more cumbersome.

Long racks are often made in sections. If you have a shaper, it's a basic exercise. If not, it gets a bit more cumbersome.
I have a G&E 16" shaper sitting in the garage. It's going to take some work to get it back working. You're right, this kind of job is what a shaper is made for. I'll look at options using the horizontal mill but the shaper may have just moved to "get it working now" status.

I have a bigger brother of yours. A 24" G& E. Nice, heavy machine off a naval vessel, but converted from DC to 3 phase. At least on a rack the tools are simpler to grind. You have the manual for yours? Mine may well cover yours as well if you need a copy.

Back