Are these glass scales compatible?

So did everyone else with these scales get the same value for cpi when calibrating, 5080 I believe it was... I mean I don't see how they can be anything else but it could've been 5081 if rounding to the closet value...
Mine landed on 5075, but that was a quick and dirty calibration to get it up and running. I should go back to dial them in tighter with an indicator setup.

I've been reading all the toucDRO posts anticipating the purchase of all components.

Very informative, Thanks All!

Jump in! The water is great! lol.

You won't regret it. Great display and software.

Are most of the scales installed in this thread the Mophorn from Amazon initially linked by the first post?
Thanks, Joe

Edit, I ordered the TouchDRO V2 for glass/magnetic scales.

Last edited:
I have magnetic scales on my mill and glass scales on my lathe. All are Ditron scales from AliExpress.

I have magnetic scales on my mill and glass scales on my lathe. All are Ditron scales from AliExpress.
What is your opinion of ALIExpress. i hadn't heard of it until i joined this forum about a month ago.
Thanks, Joe

What is your opinion of ALIExpress. i hadn't heard of it until i joined this forum about a month ago.
Thanks, Joe
I only purchased from the Ditron Store so far...

They have excellent communication. In both cases I received my scales in 7 days. They will make the cables any length you want. Which makes for a very clean install. I did make my own mounting brackets but they do include aluminum or pot metal ones. If you don't see what you want just send them a message. They were online both times when I asked questions.

I found out about Ditron in these forums if I recall correctly.

John

I noticed on an old Mitutoyo Quill Scale in my junk box that there is a data port that could be hooked to a computer. This particular scale is dead but it has a nice bracket. Are there any similar scales that would work on the quill and with glass scales for the X Y and Z and does this data port also provide power?

I am a member of the Bridgeport Mill user group on facebook and they speak very highly of ToAuto glass scales available on Ebay and Amazon I haven't bought any yet but many have said that their customer service is good. They are in China but respond to messages within a day or so.

Back