Can You Over Accessorize?

And on the new mill: might remember Matt's excellent customer service... the PM mills are good machines!

Oh I haven't forgotten. When Reality sets in, I likely will go with the original plan which was a single-phase 935TV with power feed, because it can be delivered via lift gate, and I have some hope of moving this myself if I have to pull the trigger early. I guess I will just have to learn to live with a smaller, decent quality machine. ;)

NOTE: I noticed this morning that everyone appears to be jacking up their prices on the Sharp LMVs. Just getting too darn pricey now.

Oh I haven't forgotten. When Reality sets in, I likely will go with the original plan which was a single-phase 935TV with power feed, because it can be delivered via lift gate, and I have some hope of moving this myself if I have to pull the trigger early. I guess I will just have to learn to live with a smaller, decent quality machine. ;)

NOTE: I noticed this morning that everyone appears to be jacking up their prices on the Sharp LMVs. Just getting too darn pricey now.

I have a 935TS (belt drive)... built a stand for it with removable outriggers. It will 'just' squeeze through a 36" (35" opening) door... with the X table removed. It weighs around 1750 with accessories and stand.
All in all... it is a nice machine... well built (Taiwanese).
I bought the 3 phase and put a VFD on it... works fine!

Yea, Matt told me a while back that he had a couple of TS mills available. Not sure I want to do a third VFD install... One of my problems with the 935s is that they are no where near tall enough for a guy who's 6'3" tall. And I don't have welding capability to fab one. If I do get one, I'll have to have someone here design a bolt together stand for me.

Bill, If you do need a stand built, I have welding capability and am only a short drive away. are you gonna be around this weekend?

Hey Chris,

Appreciate the thought, thanks. Another member here offered as well, but he lives quite a ways away and we'd have to freight a welded stand. He is looking at a possible bolt-together design that he could send me the drawings for and I could do the material gathering and assembly. Not sure if a bolt together design would be as strong? (I'm no expert in this area)

I am going to attempt the last round of golf for the year on Sunday, but I'm home Saturday. :)

I'm sure that member could draw and send you the prints. A weldment would likely be quicker to make and simpler to keep rigid.

Back